#8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-19, 09:10

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
I made a promise to get used to this WOE without trying to simulate the previous types of carb-laden foods I was eating with the many low-carb equivalent recipes available like keto "breads" or low carb desserts or to consume the many "low carb processed" foods available like the Atkins products, etc.

Ron, this is an excellent point, and one which, as a chef, you have so many skills to make that happen.

I found going low carb enough to lose weight was fairly simple. But as I got older and health issues surfaced, I found I had to revamp my whole approach; like eliminating even small amounts of gluten, being alert to food sensitivities, and exploring fasting.

Remember, this is all about figuring out what works for YOU. We are all N = 1, as the saying around here goes. We all figure out our individual needs, which can vary more than I had ever realized.

My biggest challenges dealing with temptation got tempered when I came up with individual strategies. Instead of a sugary cocktail, I went to rum spritzers with a slice of lime. I can go out for Italian with my friends and order an antipasto and be even more happy because I'm having a good time I won't pay for later.

When the carbs start singing in your ear about how wonderful they are, remember this is a one night stand with a crazy person.

It's not going to work out