View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-19, 07:52

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

To add to the likely possibilities---- estrogens, from plastics. These are fat makers.

Estrogen -like chemicals are in plastics. The amount of plastics in our lives NOW seems to far exceed what I remember of the 70's and 80's. . Household food containers which were once glass have been replaced with plastic designs. Vitamin bottles once of glass, now of plastic. And add on all the electronic devises that didn't exist at all that add plastic to our daily environment: PC's, laptops, monitors, ear buds, cell phones, etc. And plant pots-- the light weight plastic in multi colors and designs have replaced the standard clay pot. Fast food has moved in, and glass has been replaced by plastic

Back then MacDonald's was counting the millions served, and then that number passed the billions and now they no longer run a count on their signage--- well where has all that plastic gone? All those plastic cups, all those styrofoam hamburger containers???While they have tried to change their packaging, thank goodness, what did happen to all that plastic that was used? As with all our plastic waste, Into a landfill to then contaminate the water supply.

I remember all the glass bottles. Shampoos, cooking oils, pasta sauces, etc. Now these are in plastic bottles/ containers. Even canned food has a plastic liner now. Baby food is rarely in a glass jar anymore; many are in tiny plastic containers.

When did meats get packaged on styrofoam and then plastic wrapped? How long does that meat now sit in storage before it is sold to a customer? Apples in 3# plastic bags-- used to be that each fruit and veg was selected and put into a paper bag and weighed by a store employee. All produce leaves the store in a plastic bag.

Drinking glasses-- when I was a kid the only option was drinking from a " glass", now with safety a concern, households with children use a plastic cup from the time they can hold a sippy.

Everything has become plastic that was once metal or glass. And I havent even included cars, refrigerators, siding on houses. You can add to the list.....