View Single Post
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-19, 10:00

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Iodine---- as a victim of surgery where half my thyroid organelles were removed to remove an unrelated tumor--- my iodine research showed me that iodine has become low in the American diet as bromates replaced iodine in the breads back in the 1970's because we Americans were getting too much iodine and causing thyroid issues due to TOO MUCH iodone. ( Hmm maybe we just need to stop eating the bread. ) Flouride and Bromide interfere with iodide use in the body-- often the same pick up points, so if bromide gets there first, that pick up point is filled and cannot pick up iodine. Flouride does the same thing. ( We switched to baking soda which is far less abrasive than any toothpaste on the comparison list, and are experiencing BETTER mouth health.) For those that do bake, there are non-bromated flours, like King Arthur. But no one here bakes, right ?

I use iodized salt to support the remaining function as the doctors have been negligent monitoring my situation.

While cooking, I salt everything with both equal amounts of sea salt and iodized salts. No canned foods, no pre-packaged foods, and little bread ( kids) so salt is a reasonable level. ( Safe sodium levels are much higher than we are told. Japanese consume about 6 grams a day; their thryoid issues are driven by HIGH iodide from their high seafood diet.)

While I am an n=1, thyroid function has definitely improved. ( And it has additive effect when combined with a keto diet.)