View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-19, 13:34

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

+1 for this forum community.

I've been part of various newsgroups and online forums since the mid 90s when the internet was still in its relative infancy. But they were all on other subjects like computers and computer games, etc.

When I first started to gain some momentum of my own with lowcarb about 3 years ago, I began looking around for more and more online resources that could help me on my way. A random Google search one lunchtime at work led me here, and I've pretty much been here ever since.

This community has the best of everything. It's international, it's low-key, yet it's knowledgeable and experienced, some of us with direct connections to some of the big names in the world of low carb, and every now and then one of those big names themselves will even stop by.

But above all else, it's SUPPORTIVE. The overall vibe here is friendly and positive, yet not so blind as to completely lack sceptism. The trolls and bots are practically non-existent, so that's a big thumbs up to the moderators.

It's that supportive nature that has kept me here. I got all the support that I felt I needed on my own journey, and am happy to play my part in paying that support forward whenever I can.