View Single Post
  #352   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 06:52

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/158/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 82%

Paying someone to make you do the right thing might be an American cultural phenomenon. Just think of all the gym memberships, personal trainers, and, yes, weight management schemes that last about as long as it takes the individual to realize, "I'm not getting my money's worth." And whose fault is that? ALL that stuff "works" if the participant works it.

Aye, there's the rub.

There's a lot of conversation in Nutritionland about sustainability. Once a person learns the Point System of WW, will he/she keep doing it? I don't know. I hope the practice lasts beyond the payments. But paying is part of the incentive for people who think that way.

I've loved Diet Doctor since the beginning. I pay a monthly subscription so that other people everywhere can enjoy the privilege of learning about excellent nutrition for FREE. No ads. No products. I dearly hope that can go on.

The other place I make a contribution? Right here at Lowcarber. For one thing, that gets rid of the random ads. But in the many years I've been hanging out here, I've found so much encouragement, information, and friendship. If I were not living in the Realm of LowCarb (even just casually) I would miss this place.

Sustainability is about reward. The good feeling of keeping on keeping on. It's something money can't buy. Sorry WW.