View Single Post
  #328   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-19, 11:47

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I could not find the Cheeseburger Pie recipe in my folder, but I found one on the web. Sounds promising! But I would cut out a lot of the extra fat. Instead of the mayo and heavy cream, I think I would substitute some Neufchatel Cheese. And I would use ground venison. I shall have to try it. Here it is:

Keto Cheeseburger Pie

yield: 6 SERVINGS prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 25 MINUTES total time: 35 MINUTES
Keto Cheeseburger Pie is a low carb alternative to the bunless burger. A 30 minute meal the whole family will enjoy! Only 2 carbs per serving.

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
2 tbsp dried onion
2 or 3 dashes Worcestershire
1 tsp salt
pinch pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground mustard
bacon bits (optional)
2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
2 eggs
2 T avocado oil mayo
1/4 cup heavy cream

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown the ground beef in a skillet, breaking it up into smaller pieces as it cooks. Add the dried onions and spices. Cook 1-2 minutes more until onions are translucent. Toss in bacon bits if desired.
Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the beef and spread in a pie plate. Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, and mayo together and pour evenly over the beef. Top with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with low sugar ketchup, diced pickles, or mustard!

Nutrition Information: YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 445 TOTAL FAT: 37g SATURATED FAT: 16.3g CHOLESTEROL: 177.4mg SODIUM: 393mg CARBOHYDRATES: 2.3g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 0g PROTEIN: 25.7g
Please note that macros were calculated using My Fitness Pal and the brands referenced. Altering ingredients or brands can change the macros for the recipe. Please verify your macros in a tracker to insure accuracy.