#17   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-18, 10:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
Mary, it might help you to think of the new name Keto as just the Atkins Diet in a new suit. Well, maybe Keto pushes more fat than Dr. Atkins, but low-carb, high-fat (LCHF) has been used for weight control since his book came out in 1972. Banting wrote about it in 1869. Also, to further confuse you, Therapeutic Keto is used to treat various medical conditions.

The advice I've seen given most often on this forum is: "Pick a plan and stick to it." Regular LCHF eating is a no-brainer which requires no weighing and measuring of food or logging macro nutrients.

*******One further note. From experience I can tell you that when you're in ketosis, you will have little to no hunger. I have to be careful of that or I won't eat enough and my metabolic rate will drop lower and lower.

****************One even further note: Opinions are like eyeballs, we all have one. Or is it two?

Bluesinger- I couldn’t agree with you more. I follow Atkins because it Works for me and it is easy. I have been trying to figure out what the difference between Keto And Atkins is. You nailed it - using macros. I choose not to complicate it and just watch carbs. For the ‘most part’ things fall into place of you just eat natural healthy foods without carbs. It works. I’m losing - slowly - but losing.