View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-18, 05:20

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

The reason I keep asking about "pain" is that I never have experienced it. I'm never "hungry" in the body but my mind, if I let it proliferate on thinking about food, starts a series physical responses (arousal) like salivating perhaps and more thoughts of food. I ask people what it's like to be hungry and I hear the word "empty" a lot like you just mentioned. That feeling, along with pain is foreign to me or I don't know how to put that verbal label on it.

So for me, eating is just something to "do" and it is very pleasurable. If I let my mind run away with thoughts of eating, I'll end up eating at any time. So for me (sorry this doesn't have to do with physical "pain" but really all "pain" is created in the mind) I recognize that I'm getting into a food loop and stop "feeding" the loop with more thoughts of food and it's pleasure. It takes practice but it works for me.

Perhaps having some water, soy milk or tab of butter is like rubbing your temples when you have a head ache. It does nothing physically but if you think it helps solve a headache, perhaps it does - like a habit, like Pavlov's dog.

Find what works for you and if it's not harmful to yourself or others, do it