View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-18, 21:59

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi, Im no expert, though my kids are in High school not college. WHen I read DANDR, he was very clear that no dieting was allowed and I ate all the good stuff, just at higher levels that had me gaining weight more than my baby weight.

However, I have raised horses for a number of years, and lambs arrive in the spring.... so I know a little about pregnancies. lol

As very bite counts, you might put a little meat protein in every meal.

FOlic acid, a definite must, and before pregnancy is even better. A good multivitamin is also a must.

A wide variety of vegies, from many sources. As much organic as you can manage.

Be thoughtful about where your meats and seafood come from. As you will be more susceptible to illnesses-- the immune system is suppressed to carry the " foreign" baby. And all fresh vegies and all vegies should be heated thru to kill off harmful organisms.

Wash your hands a lot, and protect yourself from unnecessary illnesses.

DUring the middle months, most if not all mothers become anemic. The blood volume soars, and obviously weight soars too to accommodate all the extra fluids.

In reality we dont need to eat many extra calories until the last trimester. I lost 10 pounds the last month, and my boys were very big. They kept growing the last month while I was loosing.

My point is the baby will take what it needs, as long as you have it somewhere to be accessed.

That is where every mouthful counts-- eating high quality food.

Im sorry I cannot help with the ketosis. ANd the type 1 diabetes. But I admire that you live keto, as I have a friend that has been thru two pregnancies as a type 1 and I cannot convince her to look at keto.