Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 08:53

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

New thread!!
Thanks Lori for kicking it off!

Ok, going back to thread 2--

Blue- very glad you have had such nice July weather! We had the opposite for July, intense heat and dry, then a week of endless rain.

From what you described, I think you and DH made the right choice for a realtor. I hope your friend doesn't hold a grudge over her kid not getting the listing. You have to protect your asset and nest egg.

Things are going to be very quick and stressful and difficult for you all now. I know that you and DH will fare well on the other side even if the going through it is rough. Keep dreaming about your new spaces to sustain you- picture the airiness, the light coming in the windows, the lack of clutter, the beautiful feeling of a new fresh start. And yet also honor and acknowledge the grief of leaving your home.

Have fun with all the parties this weekend. CELEBRATE!

Lori- I can totally hear the relief. Yay for you!! I am happy for you. Your time is now your own!

Have fun golfing today. We finally have a beautiful sunny day here- hopefully you do too.

Trig- So the power cycling is by choice, just an optional way to reduce the electric/gas bill. You can opt in, then you can choose what percent of electricity you want cycled. They usually only do it about three days tops per summer and per winter and oddly, we don't even notice it. I just make sure to not run the major appliances during that time period and that seems to be enough.

We have neighbors who have wheeled their dog around in a stroller when he was recovering from knee surgery etc. Makes sense to me!

Totally get that you are chafing from the idea of restriction. Restriction sucks! Soon enough your body will adapt though.

••••••

So I took Jaz's advice and charted things out. I now have the flight info, car rental info and all three lodging's info all on one chart for the Canada trip.

Then I have a separate chart with all the wedding guests that *I* am responsible for with their flight info and lodging info, and DH and I worked out who is picking up/dropping off whom from the airport.

Then I talked with DD and got some idea of what time the rehearsal is, what time the rehearsal dinner is, what time she and her bridesmaids will be at our house on the wedding day, what time who is supposed to be at the church. That helped too. At least it is all laid out and accessible.

So DH was in a car accident yesterday. He is totally fine, albeit sore for sure. It was his fault, but what can you do. Things happen. No one was hurt and that is the most important thing. Also, the timing was good in that DS19 is coming home for a long break from college today and there will now be a spare car for DH to use, so we didn't need to rent one or anything like that.

So yesterday I spent a couple of hours with him dealing with that, then I mowed the lawn, got a hair trim and went to the grocery store. We had the best steaks last night and they are on sale for 6.99/lb so I am going to go and stock up.

Today is just a hang out day. Totally have DH believing that DS19 was whining about wanting to go to this restaurant. Then DD called and I told her I had included them in the reservation (on speakerphone) and she said they couldn't go because they are going to be at a graduation party (which is true, and we know the family, except it ends in time for them to go) and so DH was buying ALL of it. So far, so good on the total surprise!!

On plan now for three days straight, go me. On plan today with the exception of birthday cake tonight and back on plan tomorrow. I am feeling better and want to keep that trend going.

Hugs to all!