Thread: Vegetables
View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 03:39

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

The New Atkins 2010 book by Westman was written for the Atkins Company using 20 NET carbs, 15 of which Should be Foundation Vegetables. That is a lot of veg so many consider its rules to be healthier.
I started with that plan and followed it for about 6 months until I had an appointment at Dr Westman's own clinic at Duke. The clinic treats obese and diabetics, and so uses his clinic diet based on what Dr Atkins used around 2000 for the same patient population. That is the 3 cup vegetables and similar to the Induction rules posted at top of this forum.

Diet also in the great book Why We Get Fat: https://www.dietdoctor.com/se/wp-co...starch_diet.pdf

Both work...your choice. Dr Westman often explains it as Net Carbs is the Over The Counter treatment, while the clinic Total carb plan is the Prescription strength.

I like the 2010 edition very much, it has.good science and explanations of low carb health. A few editions after it lost the science and created all packaged food meals, now the latest Atkins edition returned to mostly Real Whole Foods. Through all editions there have been options to eat only real foods, not bars or shakes, a good plan no matter how much vegetable you decide to eat.