#56   ^
Old Fri, Jun-15-18, 12:03

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Ms Arielle - It's more prevalent in Europe and is available in the US in certain markets like Whole Foods or Mom's Organic. Due to the genetic makeup of A2 cows (and bulls), lactose intolerance disappears for many who consume this milk. Note that to be a certified A2 herd, father and mother must have been A2 as well. No mixture is allowed. I've noticed some farms near me in Virginia are touting their A2 herds, so it is becoming a good trend.

Here is a good source of detailed information about the benefits of A2:
http://www.originmilk.com/why-a2-milk/

For families with children, whole A2 milk is preferable to skim or low fat standard milk due to it's lack of inflammatory characteristics and for most, absence of lactose intolerance. Children need full fat and protein in their foods, so A2 is a good source.

Yes, there are sugars, just like in any milk, and they're listed as carbs on the label, but A2 is good for making kefir, and that's what I used when I was doing that. Fresh A2 is delicious, and tastes like the milk I remember as a kid when we'd get milk delivered to our house from a local farm.

Thank you. I lept my kids on whole milk much to the horror of their pediatritian.

Looking up breeds and species thaat have the A2, or A1, is very interesting. Typical Holsteins, the mostly widely used in th US milk industry; it is the lesses known and rarely used Jersey and Guernsey that naturally have the preferred genes for the protein profile and the fat content. Particularly the Jersey for fat.

Basically commercialization of the milk industry reduced the number of Jersey and Guerneys which used to be popular. ANd goats. MOre families used to have goats.

Time to look for goat milk.