#2   ^
Old Thu, May-31-18, 07:57

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisysun
1) Salt is not listed as an allowed spice on Atkins, however read somewhere that a little salt is needed for your body.

2) Dextrose is in so many foods, also not allowed on Atkins. Are any of you eating food with Dextrose? Was at the grocery store to buy lunch meat, every brand has Dextrose in the ingredients. Want to make some cream cheese inside lunch meat for a snack. What brand does not have dextrose?

3) Mayonnaise with out added sugar is hard to find other than organic. Guess I should make my own.

my opinions follow

1) Use Salt Liberally, Dr. Atkins recommended or not

2) As you've observed, dextrose is used in a lot of process foods. Avoid or minimize it's use the best you can. I ingest it occasionally in sweeter packs and flavored pork skins, etc. Not found in Fresh Chicken, Pork, Beef, Fish, Lard, Kale, Spinach, Onions, Eggs, Carrots, Beets, Watermelon, Sugarcane, etc...

I have not looked for lunch meat without dextrose in it. If I've committed to eating "lunch meat" I've committed to counting the carbs from dextrose. In general I avoid lunch meat like I try to avoid traffic jams. Sometimes you just end up in one and roll with it, but I don't intentionally go looking for them

3) Making your own mayo is fun, I've done it with EVO and Avocado Oil from walmart. I've pretty much abandoned using mayo for some reason. There's a brand called "Dukes" that purports no sugar. I think the "sugar" on the label on let's say, "Hellman's" mayo is pretty low and probably negligible unless your eating entire jars of it, that would not be a sugar problem at that point

Have Fun. Read Labels. Question Authority. Don't Take My Word on anything!