View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-16, 19:35
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

I have had three husbands. My experience is that (most) men want to ignore their health issues and don't want to talk about them. As if that will make them NOT real.

The DH I have now is stubborn x infinity. It's HIS body, HIS decision, HIS problem, as if it all has nothing to do with me.

He believes everything the cardiologist says. If a doctor says it's true, then it must be true. Makes me crazy, but I can't do anything about it.

He finally decided he wanted to lose the 20lb belly he acquired eating his regular diet and sitting all day long every day for 3 years. He is on a modified LC diet, and I'm in charge. No matter how many times I tell him he could lose the paunch in a month by going strictly LC, he doesn't listen. One of the reasons is because of my inability to lose weight. He has witnessed my being strictly LC for the past 7 years with no loss, so why should he deny himself his bread and fruit if it doesn't work? Guess I'm not a good example, but I'm all he has.

I suppose the bottom line is always the same: Until a person decides for himself to change, change doesn't happen.