#22   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-16, 06:44

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifty55
Just a thought ... are we factoring in any B12 deficiency which might contribute to neuropathy symptoms?

Everyone had a blood test?

My aches, pains, tingles and general falling-over-ness diminished spectacularly with B12 sublingual supplementation. Would that be relevant in a diabetes context?

Stella

I have had B12 tested and it came back fine- but still Dr has me on B1 and B12 (the B12 isn't absorbed without B1 very well). the B1 made a HUGE difference when i got some injections when i first had GBS. it was powerful enough that within maybe 24 hours, there was a huge improvement in my double vision. the nerves in my eyes were still effected for a bit, but i could read the clock on the wall of my hospital room.
Now, almost 2 years later, if i start to slack (run out and miss a few doses while waiting for new bottle to arrive), i start feeling more tingling/burning in my feet.

BlueSinger- thanks for the info re: your machine. makes perfect sense. i might look into one! massing by hand helps when it's bad, so a machine with several settings could be nice.

planned to do a couple mile easy hike on saturday because forecast was terrible, so i headed out prepared for short hike/easy terrain. but it turned out to be beautiful, so i was unexpectedly on a 6.5 trail that was VERY rocky and wearing very thinly soled shoes (they help build strength in feet, but there is no cushioning, which is not great with the neuropathy).
my feet hurt at the end, but by next day, i felt totally fine