View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-16, 03:10

Plan: Atkins 72 Induc Lifer IF
Stats: 249/157/150 Female 5'7.5"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Ah yes! This is a balancing act for sure. Took me a while to figure this out. I kept reading how we need to add more fats, adding a little fat is fine but most of us here have plenty of fat stores in our body to use up, at least I do. The point of adding a little bit of fats such as eggs/bacon breakfast or even bullet proof coffee is to help keep us satiated for longer so we don't need to eat as much or as often which keeps blood sugar down which the body loves and will reward with weight loss. As I have lost weight, my body doesn't require near as much food, I get full super quick. At first, I ate to much protein which was completely wrong and just kept making me stall as this turns to sugar in the body if over consumed. IF helps rid the body of excess sugar quite nicely and helps sort of do a reset on the body so we know what real hunger feels like, gets those bs levels down too. I am still on Atkins Induction for over a year, no longer a diet to me but a much healthier way of life. So many delicious food choices, I haven't felt the need to move out of hard core induction. 80 lbs down approx to date yay! Keep going, this does work! Don't weigh all the time either. Don't think I have touched a scale in 1-2 months. You will notice your clothing hanging on you. I rarely weigh but my clothing is hanging actually pretty bad, hmm may be time for yet another size down in my clothes again. Never thought I would see a size medium or small again, so glad I changed my relationship with food. Was not easy at first but after a while as we learn it gets so easy you don't even have to think about it. Best of luck!