Old Sun, Aug-07-16, 22:44
Registered Member

Plan: Just Low Carb
Stats: 320/250/225 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmeyster
Funny, I usually associate the up and down weight with women, because we tend to retain water due to hormonal changes. So for me, up and down is normal, and I don't worry about it if the trendline is down.

There are all sorts of reasons why you wouldn't be losing weight, but the typical number 1 reason is that you really have, somehow, introduced more carbs than you think. You could try, for just a few days, really weighing and measuring every drop of food to see if your carb counts are really what you think they are. I know that I have to do this reset every once in awhile because I just assume I'm doing a good job, and then forget about the extra cheese or nuts I ingested. I hate counting anything, so I have to make sure I'm not unknowingly backtracking.

So if that isn't it, maybe your body has adjusted to what you are eating and you should try induction for 3-4 weeks. You can wait until after your trip, but don't go off your current plan if you can help it. If induction works, then maybe you need to do that for awhile -- I'm pretty sure I need to stay near 20 carbs for the rest of my life.

Other things could be a new medication, not getting enough sleep, or extra stress (cortisol).

For me, I don't lose weight (even on 20 carbs or less) unless I moderate my protein, don't go crazy with excessive fat, and do some intermittent fasting. I've got a serious battle with insulin resistance and just LCHF isn't enough -- my body adjusts and then I can also go 6 months without much loss.

Others may have additional tips, and others may counsel patience -- I'm more of a take action kind of person, but we're each on our own journey.

Good luck.

Well, what is considered excessive fat? About 2 months ago I was frustrated about the stall and did some research and decided to add more fat. I eat a lot of it, I add it to almost everything and strive to hit 80% fat although I found that hard to hit and often fall short.

In reading the induction list again tonight I do think induction will naturally have less fat than i'm including at the moment.

Funny, 20 is my number as well. Above 20 and I just cannot lose at all. 20, my friend, is not a lot