#12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-10-16, 10:58

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccat69
Oh, Robin, that's so scary! I appreciate the quick reply in any case. Do you know how low your blood glucose was when you had the seizure?

Also, I just tested an hour after eating a mixed green salad with olive oil, a little apple cider vinegar, a few slices of deli ham and a slice of Swiss (yum!) and it was 77.

another vote that your calories need to be upped

um, not sure what my BG was that day. The problem was a malfunction with my glucose monitoring system. After medics injected me with glucagon, they tested me at 41, i think. So who knows what it was before that. It is actually the length of time a person is low that tends to effect whether the person seizes, not necessarily the number itself. For instance, i have been conscious and responsive below 20, and unconscious or extremely impaired in high 40s....also, some diabetics are much more prone to seize than others, for unknown reasons. i am lucky to be fairy resistant to them!
I have never heard of diabetic seizing unless on insulin, though.
My point to you is that having blood sugar in the 50s is not good for you, even if you don't feel "low."
70s= awesome
50s= too much of a good thing