#9   ^
Old Sun, May-29-16, 08:40
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup

Here's my chicken version of the above posted recipe. I used her recipe as my starting point. I omitted the mushrooms and subbed in Sam's brand canned chicken (no yucky ingredients). I made a couple other changes and VOILA! A very tasty condensed soup that rivals what comes in the Campbell’s can, and ever so much healthier!

The recipe makes exactly 21 oz. or 2 cups, so it is equivalent to two cans of condensed soup and can be used in recipes you have that call for 1 can of soup! How’s THAT for convenient? Only thing is this should not be frozen or the cream cheese will break down. So just whip it up in your food processor or blender right when you need it. Any leftovers can be stored for probably up to a week in the fridge. If you choose to make this up as soup, this undiluted soup should be diluted 1 for 1 with water: 1 cup undiluted + 1 c. water or broth = 2 cups finished soup. This entire recipe, diluted with 2 cups of liquid (5o:50) will yield 4 c. finished soup or four 1-cup servings ready to eat.

INGREDIENTS:

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
½ cup heavy cream
2 T. hot water
1 chicken bouillon cube (use back of spoon & dissolve in hot water above)
1 T. olive oil
Dash onion powder
¼ tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. arrowroot powder, cornstarch, ¼ tsp. glucomannan powder or xanthan gum
1-2 drops liquid sucralose
1 13-oz can chicken breast, undrained (Daily Chef Sam’s is "pristeen"

DIRECTIONS: Place all ingredients but the chicken in food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Add chicken with its liquid and pulse a few times to slightly chop and blend. Scrape out into 2 storage contains equally. There will be 10.5 oz. in each. Cover and refrigerate if not using immediately. Keeps about a week in the fridge. DO NOT FREEZE!

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes two 10.5 oz. soup cans worth of condensed (undiluted soup). Each “can” (half the recipe) contains: 660 cals., 52 g fat, 8.1 g carbs, .65 g fiber, 7.45 g NET CARBS, 5.9 g protein, 1392 mg sodium.

If reconstituted with water or broth this recipe will make four 1-cup servings of reconstituted, ready-to-eat cream of chicken soup. You should dilute with 50:50 water or plain chicken broth. Each 1-cup serving of soup contains: 330 calories, 26.2 g fat, 4.0 g carbs, .3 g fiber, 3.7 g NET CARBS, 2.9 g protein, 696 mg sodium.