Old Thu, Apr-14-16, 14:00

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
I watched this wonderful video today. Since I'm eye-minded, Dr. Fung's illustrations always help me get his concepts. The video was recorded this year at Vail.

Therapeutic Fasting- Solving the Two-Compartment Problem

Thanks for the link. I just watched the entire video and was impressed with how easy it was to understand -- I sent the link to others who don't understand why I want to fast.

So I'm understanding now that my main problem is getting at the fat in the freezer. Obviously insulin resistant, I somehow need to turn that insulin down and use my own fat for fuel. (I saw another video by Butter Bob that obese and insulin resistant people always start out with higher insulin, and it even remains higher over time -- and Dr. Fung didn't address that).

I had a huge whoosh when I first went into ketosis, but I now believe that was mostly water, and that Dr. Atkins chart indicating that I am not insulin resistant was wrong (at least for me).

I hadn't lost more than a pound in the last few weeks at under 20 grams of carbs and in large ketosis every day. So the freezer was just completely closed to me, and obviously insulin is still too high. I am hypothyroid, but now have a good physician who will help get me into optimal levels with free T3 and free T4 along with TSH (and let's me use Armour Thyroid). I don't know if there is any issue with IF and hypothyroidism.

But, maybe, just maybe, the IF will work. I've now done 3 days in the last two weeks of 18-24 hour fasts, and I was down another pound this morning. I will continue with the IF and let everybody know how it works.

Thanks again for the video. Kat