View Single Post
  #129   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-16, 03:56

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome Lauri, as teaser wrote, Dr Fung advocates fasting in whatever pattern suits your goals and lifestyle, Warrior is one or Brad Pilon is 2 full days. He covers the popular "flavors" of fasting in one section his DietDoctor video course. Unlike that recent awful DailY Mail article, I have never seen him mention how many calories one should eat on a fasting or non day (other than fasting is not defined as 1000 calories of cream and butter in coffee). Some of his success stories for obese and sick diabetics even included 3 week fasts. The web archive in post #1 is still the protocol shared with physicians. And the FAQs stored on DietDoctor cover every possible question you could have.

Skipping breakfast and lunch a few days a week is what I still do so I can have dinner with family and juggle the days if a lunch meeting planned. LC hunger is more subtle...the crazy "starving at 10am" hunger after having a bagel for breakfast is long gone, and with IF, you can even think about whether a tea or broth would satisfy instead first before snacking. Lack of hunger is how Dr Westman can tell you are following the diet correctly.