View Single Post
  #2620   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-16, 00:12

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

🤗 Yes, they're pretty good about testing here. They love it, in fact. Lol! The only thing they didn't test is the RT3. My antibodies are negative and my TSH wasn't horrible, 4.7, I think. They start treating here at about 4, but my T4 was barely registering on the chart and my T3 was just a little low. So, when I tried to self treat with Armour that I ordered from a legitimate pharmacy in the UK, I was I a real mess. I lamented about that in another thread. My T3 was so high that my heart rate was in the 120's and my BP was way high and my hair was falling out it gobs...and I was gaining weight!!?!? So February, a year ago, they cut me off cold turkey after I confessed what I had done, explaining that I was trying to avoid synthetic hormones. They were planning to make me wait two months before starting me on a synthetic, but my T4 level was alarming them. So...here I am and doing so much better! I explained to them that I had been using my temperature and symptoms to decide my dose, carefully researching and charting and such, but doctors seem to get really annoyed with patients prescribing medication for themselves. 😉 It was seriously dangerous and very stupid of me. I had no idea at the time that my body converts to T3 very well and so Armour wasn't appropriate at all for me. I had thyroid toxicity. I know that natural T4 exists in America but they are unwilling to try it. They are super conservative with what medications they make available here. Sorry for the novel!! Also want to add that I still felt tired and awful until they discovered I was also pretty anemic, despite the meat I eat.

So now I'm in a much healthier place in my life and ready to get this weight off! I'm enjoying the self contol and energy fasting gives me, but I had hoped for more steady progress. Who doesn't, right? It's great that so many people just cut out grains and drop weight every week. It doesn't work that way for me and I had hoped that fasting would help with that. I haven't given up and I won't. Even small lapses in judgement results in serious weight gain, so that just isn't an option for me.