View Single Post
  #116   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-16, 17:02

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

CRICKET - My BS was high all day of the CN and had to inject insulin a few times. My BS was high the morning after CN, but it went back down without further isulin - by 4pm it was normal. This morning it was high again, but I just tested again and it is normal.

I am like you with the tracking and calorie counting. I do try to keep it under control and I also believe keeping a deficit is necessary. On CN I did not really care and the cals were double my norm, like you. But that is what we are supposed to do in order to fool our bodies. Today is a very low cal day for me at only 1082 - mostly because I had shrimp, which is very low calorie. I choose not to bump it up for the sake of hitting a particular number. That seems unnecessary. Tomorrow may be a 1300 cal day, so it balances out.

I thought that the sample meal plans laid out in the book seemed to be a lot of calories. The ones for those "under 150 lbs" were closer in line to what I prefer to eat. I thought the higher calorie menus were WAY too much food. I could never eat that much. Maybe a man who is active would do well on those menus, but as a middle-aged, sedentary woman, I must be realistic. I simply do not need that much food to exist.

According to KetoCalculator, the BMR for my goal weight is 1458 with a daily caloric expenditure of 1604. I figure as long as I eat below that I should continue to lose weight and eventually reach my goal. Seems logical. But we all know how this is not as simple as it seems. Perhaps sticking to between 1100-1400 cals a day for 2 years really has brought on the "starvation response" and thus caused my stall in the first place. Regardless, I try to stay around that amount. I feel comfortable at that range and rarely feel the need to eat much more! If this CNS proves to work like it claims, and I see myself starting to shed fat again, then I will surely need to add more calories once I hit goal to maintain. It will probably take a very long time to find the magic number.

By the way, I listened to a podcast the other day by Keifer where he mentioned it is NOT necessary to quit the CNS after 6 months to give your body a break. When he wrote the book, he believed that was necessary, but now he changed his beliefs. He said the CNS can be followed as a lifestyle diet. I like that idea. I am nervous about adding carbs into my daily diet. I much prefer to keep them out of my life, and only indulge one day a week. Makes sense to me.