View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-09-15, 10:27
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I definitely get the 'white coat syndrome' when I get by BP taken at the doctor's office. At my last appointment I was having a mole removed. By BP was 150/95 before the procedure. The nurse checked it again before I left and it was 130/83. That was just 25 minutes later.

When deciding what my BP meds should be -- and when deciding if I should come off of BP meds -- my doctor had me record my own BP a couple of times a day for a week using my home monitor. She said she does not rely on the reading taken by the nurse before the examination. She said it is more important to find out what your BP is most of the time. Mine was great at home 95% of the time so she took me off of BP meds. These days it varies in my home readings but is mostly from 120/75 to 135-85. It took me a year of doing this WOE and losing weight to get my BP down to the point where I could come off of the meds (Feb 2015) -- and it has been slowly improving since then.

BTW: I drink tons of coffee and I don't take any supplements other than a multivitamin with minerals. Maybe I should try avoiding the caffeine before the next doctor visit. Perhaps that will help getting a better reading at the doctor's office.