#167   ^
Old Thu, Oct-15-15, 07:58

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE2BEME
TAll you maintainers had to figure out what worked to take the pounds off and then what maintenance would look like for you. It seems different for all of you, both the weight loss journey and maintenance. I want to develop that ruthless streak that you all seem to possess. ☺️

For me its not so much a ruthless streak but believing absolutely that the foods I avoid are poison to my body. I would no more ingest the foods that make me fat and sick than I would ingest arsenic, no matter if it were hidden in the tastiest food. Also I tell myself that I am grateful to have discovered a way to eat that keep me healthy rather than focus on what others might see as deprivation. Eating this way is a gift to myself not a punishment.

There are 2 necessary elements to having success. One is figuring out what to eat and what not to eat and the other is developing a positive attitude towards the way of eating that works, seeing it as the road towards improved health rather than something you have to endure.

Jean