View Single Post
  #121   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-15, 06:15

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi there,
I suppose if I'm honest I'm semi-low-carb too. I was planning to go stricter for a while and the scale did go down about a kilo but was pretty much back today. Hohum.

When I see what I eat now and how hard it is to even lose a pound, I am amazed I didn't get fatter than I did. My top weight was about 84 kg, and now I'm 69, so I'm very happy about that and determined not to cross the 70 kg barrier again. I don't touch bread, pizza, baked goods (except occasionally when I make a cake based on ground nuts) and pasta. I eat the occasional gluten free cracker - well one a day, more or less, at breakfast - and the odd taco shell. My husband eats gluten free and occasionally I eat a spoonful of rice, a few rice noodles or a bit of sweet potato. We're trying to ditch nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, aubergines) to see if it helps with his bad hip.

This way of eating really seems to suit me healthwise. I feel much fitter overall and rarely catch infections. I don't take any supplements because I think I'm getting pretty much all I need from food.

So I'm with you guys. This WOE has to be sustainable and it's better to maintain than to gain!
Sponsored Links