#13   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-15, 13:14

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyGurl
WTF aren't they PUSHING us all to get aware??? Right?? Like at Stage 1 or Stage 2?? And they don't even mention Stage 3, where your kidneys are functioning at as little as 30%??

Ancel Keyes may he rot in hell...low fat, heathly grains plate crap that put MILLIONS of older women in this position. We believed them at 20, and now at 60+ we are fighting for our lives, unable to lose weight, stuck with metabolic syndrome, and fighting the dinosaurs of the USDA mindset is we are successful on LCHF. 100% agree. I followed that GD Food Pyramid...baked everything whole grain and from scratch DAILY to keep up with all the servings we were supposed to have. Raised my kids on that until 2003, when I went LC. Still, I fed them what I ate and added a carb for them. Interestingly, they are both totally on board with LC/Paleo now. I've had a loaf of WW sourdough in the freezer for 6 months because it used to be DS1's favorite...now he won't touch wheat.

Gonewtwindo- I liked your advice on upping carbs/salts pre renal test…I really wonder if my LOW protein 38-60ish during the last 2 tests are why my egfr shows a drop/rise in creatinine. as mentipmed earlier Walser proves this true for CKD and healthy patients. Are you saying low protein causes creatinine to drop, or rise? It should cause it to drop.

The cimitedine (Tagamet OTC- stomach acid reliever) test by Dr. M. Walser, you take 900 mg night before, day of renal panel for a more realistic creatinine. I'm going to have to look this guy up! I AM going to buy some and try this, worst case I just do another blood test.. and really piss off the docs. There is NO risk in this, multiple studies confirm it, yet not used. I have never run across this in my searching. Interesting!