View Single Post
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-15, 07:52
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I've used up about 500 strips since I started testing 3 months ago. That is a lot of finger poking . I find that if I poke the side of my finger, there is less pain, but it is hard to get a good sample of blood. If I poke closer to the center of my fingertip, I get a good sample with a little more lingering achiness throughout the day. I just suck it up and do the sensitive part. A better sample yields more consistent results.

Since doing my 36 hour fast a week ago, I've started getting FBS readings in the upper 70's and low 80's on a regular basis. So it did shift my averages down a notch or two. But that long fast was harder to do. I think I'll stick to the easier 18 & 24 hour fasts for the most part and only do the hard one if the short IF fail to keep my BG in the neighborhood of where it is currently. If my numbers are accurate, then I am exactly where I want to be.

I'm down to my last 100 strips. Time to order more. I may switch things up and try Janet's meter & strips. The price is right and I'd like to have a reality check for the readings I'm accepting as gospel from my current meter.