#4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-15, 15:34

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%
Default Edited

Yay on starting a journal!

LOTS of us copy recipes to our journals. You can give credit to the original poster...just say "from (name):"

The url is the web address in the bar at the top of your screen.

To get the url of an individual post (like the recipe you just posted in your journal), click on the post number on the upper right of the post. This opens it in a new window, by itself. THAT is the url you want to copy.

........................................................................ ..............................

To make a link for saving a recipe to your first post:

1) Highlight the url it by clicking on either end of it, but holding the mouse button down, and dragging your pointer across the url until the whole thing is highlighted. Release the mouse button. The highlighted color should still be visible.

2) Press the control key and the "C" key at the same time. That saves the url temporarily.

3) Go to the first post in your journal. Click "edit" to open a box. Click inside the box and then press the control key and the "V" key at the same time. Your should see the url.

4) Add [url = immediately before the url (deleting the space after [url), and add ] immediately after.

5) Immediately after the ] you just typed, type in the Recipe Name. Spaces between the Recipe Name words are OK, but no other spaces anywhere or your link won't work.

6) Add [/url] immediately after the last word in the recipe name.

7) Click "Preview Post" to check that you did it right. (Click on your link to see if the recipe page shows)

8) If it's correct, click "Submit Reply" and you're done!

........................................................................ ............................

Cross-post from your journal:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
Hi esw!

I just edited my instructions on your other post, so please reread.

Here is what your link should look like, for the Cauliflower Casserole recipe you posted above:

[url =http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost.php?p=8965803&postcount=2]Cauliflower Casserole[/url] BUT WITH THE SPACE AFTER THE FIRST [url OMITTED. I had to leave a space so you could see the code and not the link.

How it looks with the space omitted:

Cauliflower Casserole

........................................................................ ..............................

That's probably the best explanation I can give. If you still don't get it, show this conversation to a tech-savvy friend...they'll be able to get you going!