#4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-15, 11:59

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 275/265/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Is your title a question or a statement?
How long have you been low carb when this test was run? The 175 LDL is still under the new guidelines, unless you are diabetic, which may be the case if on Bernstein. But not especially high.
If you are consistently eating LC, one might expect lower Trigs, unless they were much higher on your previous test. Hard to make comments without a bit more info.

Hello Janet, I have been strict low carb this time since 12/26/2014. I started at 264 and I am currently at 239. I made an effort to stay at or under 100g of protein a day. I also have increased fat intake dramatically. Weight was literally falling off daily. So when I saw what I thought were high numbers, I instantly thought of all of the butter and coconut oil I consume. the daily weight loss has stopped. The only thing I changed in the diet was to add 1/2 a serving of macadamia nut for the added fat. I will quit eating those and see if the weight loss continues.

I had the blood work done 1/29/2015. I honestly do not know if the numbers are on the weigh down from my weight gain last year, so I decided not to panic, test again in three months, and see. I am asymptomatic diabetic. I consistently test in the 80's if I am on program. So much so that I have to argue with my health care provider to get some blood work done.

Thank you for your contribution to this forum.