View Single Post
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-14, 04:07

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Good Morning Janet, Liz, and Danielle,
Chicken bone broth is still simmering away in a crockpot on the porch so I will finally have a good broth later for a fast day. The PaleoView podcast just had a bone broth show...they cook theirs for days until the bones themselves are soft and fall apart. I only do about 24 hrs for chicken to get out enough gelatin.

It does seem when I take 1T ACV in 1c water before dinner that the normal hunger before dinner, especially after a 24 hr fast, seems to lessen. Last night I ate all of a big salad but only half the steak, could satiety kick in within 30 minutes?

I am not yet seeing consistently lower BG, this morning another FBG at 101 and last night before dinner 102. Brunch had been about 6 hours before that, though I was sipping on some plain, iced green tea in the hours before taking BG. The only time I see really good BG is (naturally) after the 24 hr fast. Levels in general are going somewhat lower but they are taking their sweet time. I wonder if any food or even drink (green tea) in the stomach would set all these hormones to work? All very interesting...need to read more, thanks for the additional links.

Having 1T CO in coffee now before a 7am deep water aerobics class. Hard work and the CO helps with energy (or may be deluded but I don't feel as well without) I have not used more than 1T/day though it and other additives appear to be allowed as needed.

Signed..the other Janet (which is already my name in the LC support group, the woman who was featured in the CBN video on diabetes is also a Janet)..a popular low carb name

My Walmart (a new Neighborhood format) has both the CS Bengal Spice tea and Thai Kitchen coconut milk.