View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-19-14, 21:26

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

I have always preferred my beef rare - run twice over a candle, as I have been fond of saying LOL - but actually raw is even better in many instances. I was also a nibbler of the raw ground beef while making tacos or hamburgers. I've had steak tartar a few times, and very much enjoyed it. In Germany, where I lived for several years, they often eat - or ate; it has been a few years - raw pork, ground up, with onions (trichinosis is rare to non-existent there, I am told), and it is quite good. No idea about the health benefits, if any, but I know I like the taste. Without knowing the provenance of my beef nowadays I prefer to cook it at least a little bit. This may be why I adore tuna sushi - it is very meaty.
On a side note - am I the only one who watched "Rosemary's Baby", saw the liver eating bit, and couldn't quite understand the "eeeeew" coming from the rest of the cinema? I thought it was an interesting idea, and worth trying sometime LOL. Again, not knowing where the liver comes from has been a limiting factor.