Old Wed, May-14-14, 07:47
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderpam
Yes Judy that is a 'good' one. Now..the only 'problem' is that...um...if you DO have Hashimoto's (so common, the most common type of hypothyroidism)...getting a doctor to TREAT you is rough 'where you are'. (you know that, right?).

I'm assuming you are researching and know that going by the TSH and just T4 alone...usually results in not being replaced well. Yes? And that in the State (and that CITY) is where many of the doctor will NOT NOT NOT do much other than a TSH.

There are a 'few' who do more...that doesn't mean they give natural dessicated thyroid...few and far between...but some will give T4 and T3 synthetic (BUT, if they give any amount at ALL of T3...your TSH will go WAY low, and if said doctor is a TSH taker...they will take that T3 right back off you).

RT3 (reverse T3) is not well understood for the most part and 'treating it' involves T3 ONLY in graduated dosages. I will say this: I have NOT EVER in the last 15 years seen a person who was treated for RT3...get any lasting changes... none...one paid over 7000 dollars out of pocket for treatment (EEEK) and her RT3 and panel went right back to where it was ....and finally, she was biopsied (thyroid) and had Hashimoto's...so I don't know much about RT3 treatment in that it 'may or may not work'. ??

Thank you again! I Truly and deeply appreciate your words.
I'm just learning so a lot of what you know and say easily is still a bit confusing to me. I did read at stop the thyroid madness.com web site and ended up ordering the Thyro-Gold that will be here in a day or two. I'm sure you know about it. Do you have any suggestion on how to begin taking it?
There aren't any endo's here in NYC who do this right? That's really amazing!