#7   ^
Old Sun, Dec-29-13, 18:44

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
A few posters missed the point of the conclusion of this study. Bottom line is that we keep eating because the body is craving proteins because it is not getting enough to meet its needs. If we could se a study on protein consumption, a surprizing portion of our population does not get enough quality protein every day, and others are glutonous, so an average is not a valueable number. One must look at your oqn actual consumption-- it should be 75-100g a day.

I don't really see anybody missing the point of the conclusion of the study--I see some debate about what it all really means. For my part, I don't doubt that deficient protein could increase appetite. I was just pointing out that for me, once my protein needs are met, increasing protein actually seems to increase my appetite, while fat is more satiating. On a very high fat diet, I seem to be able to nibble moderately at a handful of nuts or peanuts--when I was targeting protein around 160 grams a day, I experienced uncontrolled binges.