View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-13, 09:32

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Maintainers - I need your help

I don't know why, but I seem to be on the slippery slope.

Anyone who's read my posts knows that I consider grains the anti-Christ and sugar the root of all evil. I'll tell anyone who'll listen to me that eliminating them cured several chronic conditions and melted 35lbs off my stubborn post-menopausal body. I literally believed all this time that I wouldn't eat those things again even if somebody offered me substantial money to do so.

However, this whole week I've been nibbling every day on the office crapola. The first time in nearly 3 years I've touched this dreadful stuff. And last night I went to a French restaurant and when the waiter put a basket of fresh, crusty, bread in front of me, I didn't even hesitate......I ate a piece. Not for me the usual smug sneer and nonchalant wave of the hand symbolizing "take that poison off the table immediately". No. This time I allowed it to stay on the table, pulled the doughy center off a chunk, and slathered butter on the fresh, crunchy crust and put it in my mouth. All this, while my friend, who went low carb because of me, sat opposite with her eyes bulging out of their sockets.

This morning, with no appetite whatsoever, I went into the break room at work and put half a banana muffin in my mouth. For no reason.

I'm scared. I need help before the lbs pile on again and I become another sad statistic. I know some of you gained weight back after great success, but then took it off again. Please share how you got back if this happened to you during maintenance. Thanks!
Sponsored Links