#43   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-13, 17:26

Plan: South Beach-ish
Stats: 242/240/190 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Now that you have been around this forum over a week and researching all over, have you decided on a low carb plan? One of the first tips in the Newbie sticky is Pick a Plan, read the book and follow it. If you are South Beach, don't "-ish" it, follow the rules. Taking an idea from CAD like a cheat meal and adding it to another plan just doesn't work. You wrote a few days back about the original Atkins plan, and Dr. Westman's plan works the same way...the rules are simple, the carbs are counted already, just do it.
We know a bit too much when doing low carb a "second time around" and start mixing plans.
Dr. Edes has some good tip's about commitment http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/...nd-time-around/

I need to re-read these tips and remember them myself! I up my fats, then read another LCer who limits them, so jump around, mixing and matching too much.

You are absolutely right! I have to stop mixing and matching, stop looking and just get real. I was trying South Beach because I listened to the people who say that fat isn't good for you. But one thing my research has taught me is that if you want to eat fat to burn fat, there has to be fat in the diet
in the first place. A lot of people have had success in taking a teaspoon of coconut oil before meals, for that very reason. I think the reason I've been umming and ahhing is just that I know this has to be a lifelong commitment so I want to make sure I can do it for the long haul.