View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-13, 16:52
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Well I will chime in, it all depends on your body needs.

But if you are stuck may as well try it.

I can say when I wasn't exercising I lost less weight. how much less about .5 - .75 pounds. I think it is a supplement to weight loss. Since Midish April of this year I been working out. Started off slow 2 days a week, worked up to 3 days, now I am at 5 days.

I am a big proponent of excerising, in a moderate way. Like many said gardening, painting the house, walkin are all good ways. Yoga even.

For my own body type and issue, i mainly weight lift 3 days a week and do a bike/stomach workout 2 days a week.

If I had my way I do Yoga, but I have a bad back.

My thinking is, I want to retain my muscle and I want to refine what is there as the fat comes off. And a way I have figured to ensure I don't loose muscle mass in any significant way is by working with weights.

For people who are insulin resistant and diabetic. Many find it is essential to help keep the blood sugar lower.

As far as needing carbs to work out, I don't find that to be the case. you body will retrain itself just like mine did, to not look for carbs as a resource. Instead it will go to fat.

And from my own experience I do not get hungrier from working out.

Funny thing is I have been rearranging my exercise room this week bought a home gym and skipped two days of working out. And I have been hungrier. Is that because of lack of exercise or something else I don't know? But I just worked out tonight and we will see how I feel tomorrow.

I do know working out aside from weight loss gives me stress reduction, brought my BP under control, gave me more energy and strength when doing physical activities and it helps with my mental alertness.