View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-13, 16:49

Plan: General low-carb
Stats: 176.9/169.8/140.0 Female 5'4
BF:37%/36%/25%
Progress: 19%
Default Thoughts on cheating (triggers for those craving carbs?)

Hello lowcarbers! (LC'ers?)

I am a newish member, though I've had a short induction stint before now that was very rigorous and un-enjoyable. This time around I want to do things right, change my lifestyle-- not just diet.

So I've only been cheat-free for two weeks, but today I decided to indulge in some carbs. I didn't have to, and I know it'll probably stall my weight loss, but I'm not regretting it right now.

I was just thinking: I ate one of my mother's delicious strudel blueberry muffins. Before I would have scarfed down three without thinking much of it. But this time I really took my time, enjoyed just how absolutely divine it was. It was like eating a slice of heaven, sweet, buttery, cakey. Tart blueberries, crumbly strudel.

And now that I've finished it, I actually have no desire to eat more. I just appreciate how talented my mother is.

I think it was Jennifer Aniston who said, when asked how she maintained her figure, to just "Stop eating crap every day."

I think, that, here, is the key. Thank you LC for teaching me to appreciate treats for what they should be: treats.
Sponsored Links