View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-13, 12:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/186/140 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 39%

At 5'5-1/2" do you think you'll look muscular at 115 lbs - that you'll have more muscle mass? It may be difficult to achieve. There are lots of posts about ppl who "look" leaner on this diet at higher weights because of its muscle-sparing ability. If you work to build muscle its possible that you could hit 125 or 130 lbs but LOOK like you're 115 lbs because of how toned and lean you are.

I definitely agree that the BMI charts are out to lunch....I've lost 46 lbs and my BMI still falls in the Obese category. I have 28 more lbs to lose, and even then I will be categorized as "overweight" for my height. I think if YOU feel healthy, happy and strong at 115 lbs, then go there. Who cares what some stranger on a forum thinks. BUT....this stranger thinks it will be difficult for you to be muscular AND 115 lbs. I started yoga and strength training in January, and have only lost 5 lbs since then...BUT, I've lost 14 inches in total (between my arms, legs, hips, waist - but I can't seem to lose a damn centimeter in my too-big boobs) since then. That tells me that I'm gaining muscle, since more than a FOOT of size has come off of me....which would usually correlate to more pounds too. All I'm saying - muscle weighs more than fat. If you plan to tone up it may be hard for you to gain muscle and still get to 115 - but you'll probably look 115 anyways....and who cares what's socially acceptable? You can't please everyone. One person will say you're too thin, the next will say you're not toned enough....just please you.