View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-13, 15:23

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Haha oh my you crack me up! I wasn't on much yesterday so I will go and read your entries That sounds like a good meal, as well. I love lc mexican!! Have you ever made the cheese tortillas (just a piece of provolone microwaved on wax paper and then folded over while cooling- so so good).

Last night I did Zumba and it was a new instructor- it was a lot of fun and a lot higher intensity than my Monday class! A LOT higher- but luckily most of the moves can be customized. I'm just not able to maintain a long cardio workout at this point- maybe someday but if I push too hard I burn out and I think it's better if I do the whole hour.

Trained with Cam this morning- I had to take the kids to the gym so I was a little flustered and worried how they were doing. I felt really down the last couple of days about my body issues, etc. I've learned that Cam is not the warm and fuzzy type, he just gives it to me straight. I told him I had thought about quitting- I am not sure why I said that but I did. He said he was pissed at me and that I need to stop the negative self talk. I guess I have always expected that a trainer would be like Bob on Biggest Loser or something but he's a lot more like Jillian. But not interested in what's going on outside the gym. It doesn't matter to him why, he just wants me there working out. I don't know if this is because he doesn't give a crap about me outside of our workouts and just wants to get them done, or if there are too many people out there trying to spill out their guts to him like he's a therapist or something. But I respected his obvious need to just focus on the task at hand. It's pretty intimidating sometimes working out with him- he is the same age as me and obviously in shape, etc. Though I am married, I am still a woman and still embarrassed to have a good looking man watch me look like a fat lard running across the gym. OK I NEED TO STOP WITH NEGATIVE SELF-TALK!!!

Today our workout consisted of:

1 mile on the Elliptical, level 4- warm up

Circuit done 4 times:
1) An exercise with a medicine ball where I threw it down hard to the ground, then balanced my hands on it, walked my legs out, jumped back in to the ball, and stood up, raising the ball above my head. 20 times.

2) High knees across the gym both ways

3) A squat and upward press with the bar

4) High knees across the gym both ways

5) Taking a weighted ball (not medicine ball, not sure what kind of ball) and raising it above my head, twisting at the waist, and throwing it down on one side, then holding it above my head again, twisting and throwing it down to the other side.

Between each of these sets, we did 4 flights of stairs.

Cool down- 1 mile on the elliptical level 3

My arms were killing me so when I went to get the kiddos, I could barely hold the baby. I am hoping that Cam doesn't think I'm an idiot woman. Mental note not to talk to him about personal stuff, including my personal doubts and thinking of quitting. Another issue I've brought up a couple of times is motivating my husband, and he's given me some ideas but this last week was hard because the hubby wanted to try Atkins but after one day was done. He said he needs me to keep him on track- but sometimes I have a hard enough time staying on track myself. And I don't do Atkins so I don't know a lot about it, but you know he requires me to do the research, etc etc. It can be frustrating. Maybe I wouldn't care so much but he's aboout 450 lbs (not an exaggeration) and I am worried about his health even moreso than my own.

Okay, big entry. After the workout, I got groceries with the girls and then we had a picnic for lunch- I had 3 eggs. No veggies for lunch, just didn't feel like them since I wasn't barely hungry.

Scale was down 1.8 lbs this morning (I weigh daily) from yesterday and I am at a new low of 231.0. I am ready to hit the 220s, so bad I can almost taste it! I want to do that this week, and I will push all I can to hit that milestone!