View Single Post
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-13, 09:43

Plan: VLC
Stats: 265.4/238.8/199 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I just wanted to make a four week report on my progress.

Going into this experiment, I was badly off plan, so much of the weight loss was no doubt water.

1. Weight loss: 10 pounds came off the first 3 weeks. The last week there's been no additional loss.

2. The mucus in the mouth problem tapered off over a couple of weeks and is no longer an issue.

3. Hunger has not been a serious issue. I don't feel seriously hungry or weak, and in fact have found that I'm not hungry at all at lunch time, resulting in my spontaneously eating only one meal a day on several days.

4. My fasting blood glucose is elevated over what it normally is when I'm low carbing. I've changed meters to one with cheaper test strips, and it tends to test a bit higher, but I'd guess I'm consistently testing 15 to 20 points higher in the morning than I normally would.

I think that those are the only remarkable changes. My blood pressure is unchanged, and I haven't noticed anything else unusual or noteworthy that I can remember at the moment.

Given that this is an easily sustainable diet and I'm feeling well, I'm planning on extending it for at least another four weeks. I do wonder if the higher blood glucose is a reaction to lowered insulin due to eliminating the insulinotropic dairy products. If that's so, it may just need more time to adjust?