Old Thu, Feb-07-13, 09:23

Plan: VLC
Stats: 265.4/238.8/199 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Dr Cordain ...

I was trying to remember yesterday if I'd ever gone dairy-free while low carbing. (I was a vegan for 4 years, but that was definitely not low-carb!) Then I remembered my two or three days trying Cordain's plan. It was so much lower in fat. I ended up so hungry I went on an eating binge within days. A carb binge. It was not pretty.

Quote:
Atkins never said Calories Don't Count.

I pretty much fall into the don't count calories camp in that I believe that if I'm experiencing hunger that's my body telling me to eat. If I'm releasing energy from stored fat, then my hunger will go down. If for some reason (most likely elevated insulin) I'm not releasing stored fat, then eating fewer calories than I need to adequately fuel my body isn't going to help. I've tried the starvation approach to dieting - repeatedly. It doesn't work, and it makes me miserable.

Quote:
Over 2-4 T of cream likely slows weight loss, whatever the biochemistry reason, and it has limits.

Well, I've tried limiting to Atkins recommended levels and it made no difference in weight loss. I suspect eliminating it altogether won't help either, but it can't hurt to try.