View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-13, 05:48

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Tom Naughton added a good blog post last night about vegans, which has some relevance to this discussion. Why would anyone assume the two people who wrote they gained sixty pounds were overeating fats, oils, sugars, etc?. No, I was on the Cancer Project Diet...extremely clean eating. But it did include oatmeal, bulgar, quinoa, legumes etc to create meals with protein, and I got fat and sick.

Quote:
The True Believer currently trolling the comments section on the video desperately needs to believe that eating animal protein makes people fat and sick.~ He also desperately needs to believe that nobody ever got fat or sick on a vegetarian diet.~ So he (could be a she, but I’m going with he) simply ignores the actual video, which clearly shows how much leaner I am now than I was in my 30s – when I was a vegetarian.~ He also ignores the before-and-after pictures I put in the video.

One of those before-and-after shots is of a reader and occasional commenter named Rae.~ Here’s part of what Rae wrote when she sent me those pictures.

I wanted you to know now I’ve lost nearly 80 lbs since Fat Head made me re-think everything I had ever learned about food and nutrition. I wish it had been around 10 years ago so I wouldn’t have wasted my 20s being an obese depressed vegetarian.

An obese vegetarian?~ Eighty pounds lighter now after going low-carb?~ No, no, no, that doesn’t happen.~ Just ask the True Believer.

More appropriate comments here:
http://www.fathead-movie.com/index....le-hate-vegans/