#17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-12, 18:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, BFFM, BFL
Stats: 130/113/112 Female 64
BF:20%/17%/15%
Progress: 94%

Hi Meg,
I moved to Michigan from Iowa in 2007, and the first few winters here seemed much worse than the Iowa winters, even though Iowa gets pretty cold. The Michigan winter seems to last longer and there is a little more snow. I used to enjoy running in the winter, so it should be ok. I definitely prefer running outside to running on the treadmill.
I do like riding indoors and I like using “Spinervals” DVDs, which are like having a spinning class in your living room. I try to get in 4-5 days of cardio a week. My husband and I go to a gym for weight training too. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis this year (menopausal) so I am trying to build back my bone density.
Running is great for helping with weight. I want to stay at my present weight too. It’s not hard with the exercise.
My husband runs also, although we don’t usually run together. There is a small group here that I have met, and I’ve volunteered for some of their events. They are pretty fast, but maybe I can find a group of women who are closer to my pace.

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Keep in touch and have a great weekend!