View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 20:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304.6/196/172 Female 5' 10
BF:
Progress: 82%

I'm not sure I have a particular outfit in mind. I think when you are thin, you look good in pretty much anything.

I like Ralph Lauren Black label. Too, if you find yourself web surfing, go to YouTube and search for 'Janet Jackson live 1987 Grammy performance.' Black leather jacket, jeans, heels. I like that look.

I'd also like to wear black tights/leggings, some type of sweather and my black motorcycle boots. I like the military look. I like penny loafers, jeans, white shirt and a boyfriend jacket. Of course, I'm older now, so I'd have to modify my dream outfits some.

I'm a relic. I like 50s fashion, the old movie stars. Hats, hatpins, gloves, dresses, suits. Joan Crawford. Vintage Coco Chanel, Jackie Kennedy (after Onasis) Audrey Hepburn. The shirt dresses, e.g. June Cleaver, Donna Reed. And even during my lifetime, around the late 80s, early 90s, when pants were lined and hung better; Rena Rowan; Saville Row, Austin Reed.
It's hard finding 'affordable' quality pieces when you are large.

Classic styles. This time, after the weight comes off, I'm going for a capsule wardrobe. Back in the late 80s, I worked with a woman that probably had two pants suits and a couple blouses. It took me awhile to notice that she was wearing the same things but mixing it up with accessories, shoes, etc. All I knew was that she looked like a million bucks every day!

I'd like to look more professional at work, but not all the way out--suits--I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

I just always want to be prepared, be it running an errand, grocery shopping, whatever. I never want to be ashamed of the way I look.