View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-12, 21:25
Real food!

Plan: Lower Carb/IF
Stats: 238/155/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Traveling can be hard, but I had to eat out the other day. What I did was I checked the restaurant's menu online first. If you can do that, it's really helpful. I found a 6 oz sirloin steak on the "light menu." The light menu typically means it's low in fat, so that part is handled. I decided to order it without the rub, and just add salt and pepper at the table after being served. And, also, to say no to the side of broccoli that comes with it. If I were particularly hungry, I could have asked for a hard boiled egg on the side.

Most restaurants do a decent job of working with requests. And, most restaurants have low fat meat items. If you order the meat only, without the sides, you should be able to do okay. It probably won't be as interesting as something you might do at home, but it's temporary, until you get home and you can make your own food.

As far as other people, I find most people don't care what I order/eat in a restaurant. They're far more interested in their own meals. And, if anyone asks, I just say that I'm not very hungry or that I've have some dietary restriction as the moment. Most people don't ask anything further.

I get nervous before I have to eat at a restaurant, too, but I'll bet you'll do just fine.