View Single Post
  #112   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-12, 07:33

Plan: :)
Stats: 165/160/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 14%

OK, this thread is like a God-send!
After many years of trying this and trying that I think I have finally settled into a routine that is working for me. But it has no name. It is just my own way which incorporates things I have learned from reading so many diet books/blogs/articles.

So, I like to talk about diet and nutrition with people who understand what I am going through but there is no organized diet plan for what I do. I couldn't find a forum where I felt comfortable chatting.

Then I peeped around this forum and found this thread.

I have been following intuitive eating by using the hunger scale. I also have begun incorporating some intermittent fasting.
I eat moderate carb (fruit, veggies, some starches) but try to keep wheat, sugar, and poly fat intake low.

I don't count anything. After years of dieting off and on I instinctively know how many carbs and calories are in most of the foods I eat. And quite frankly I am sick of counting and don't care how many carbs and net carbs and calories and whatever anything contains. I have a basic sense of nutrition and that's all I need right now.

With IE I just go with what I like and pay attention to how my body reacts.

It has been incredibly freeing and I just pray that I can keep the momentum going and finally be a success story. I've been wanting to be one for years!