#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-12, 14:06

Plan: NANY
Stats: 330/281/170 Female 64.5 inches
BF:Mostly Fried Foods
Progress: 31%
Default How is this possible??

Hi y'all!

I haven't been here in awhile but was planning on coming back in a day or two when I hit my FIFTY POUND MILEsTONE!!! Hahaha, I'm only at 49 pounds right now but I had something weird happen and thought I'd post here.

I started with the New Atkins plan and guess I'm still pretty much doing that but I do eat lots of fresh blueberries and I don't count carbs. I enjoy eating low-carb, lots of fats, meats, veggies, nuts, dairy, and berries. No sugars, no flours, and only once-or-twice-a-month corn-meal battered Southern fried catfish, which doesn't throw me out of ketosis.

However, yesterday I was famished after spending like 12 hours on a miserable road trip and gave in to the wonderful naughty smells emanating from a gas station that had a Subway and Church's fried chicken in it. I ate 1 fried chicken leg, 1 honey-butter biscuit, and a 6-inch Subway Club on white bread with almost every veggie and extra mayo. I knew it would set me back a few days by throwing me out of ketosis and making me retain water from the horribly salty Subway lunchmeat...but today I am still in ketosis. HOW IS THAT??? Those were the only things I ate yesterday...no wait, I had several handfuls of roasted peanuts early in the day...but how on earth can all those carbs from the nutritionally-empty white flour have not thrown me out of ketosis? (TMI alert: I have peed multiple times since then, and it's been about 24 hours since I ate that stuff.)

This boggles my mind!!! What on earth??

Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored Links