View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-14-12, 17:32

Plan: PP
Stats: 171/143/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

My thoughts are that not everyone who eats LC is a former carb addict. I'm not. I simply think it's a healthier way to eat, and it's helped with weight loss. I been avoiding starches and sugars pretty strictly now for close to a year and a half. And I really have no cravings for them. But every so often I'm in a situation - like at a dinner party featuring pasta, for example - and I'll have a small portion and (hopefully) enjoy it. I don't feel guilty. It doesn't put me on a carb "bender". It's one meal.

The reason that I'm pointing this out is that I think there are plenty of people out there like me. The extreme "all or nothing" approach just isn't for us. And I think it's a reason why LC is often dismissed as a fad diet. Which is too bad. Because for many people it can be a surprisingly easy way of eating, that many could benefit from.

I do believe in eating addictions. (In fact I am beginning to think that most people have an addiction to something.) And I'm very happy for you that you feel that you have a handle on yours. But for some of us it's different!