View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-12, 07:21

Plan: LC Paleo
Stats: 211/177/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

I don't know if it will help, but here's my take on it:

First child I weighed about 165 when I got pregnant and up until the last 6 weeks when I ate everything in sight I loved my pregnant body. I was shapely and fit in all kinds of cute maternity clothes. Loved it.

Second child, almost five years later I weighed about 230 and lost almost 20 pounds, then got pregnant (By the way, this seems to be a pattern, being much more careful this time!) No one even really noticed until I was about 7 months thanks to just some baggy shirts. Now, this was kind of a hit to the self esteem when I was heavy enough that no one could really tell I was carrying a child, only a couple of months from delivery.

What I'm trying to say is, the slimmer you are when you get pregnant not only will you be healthier, but you look divine. It's some kind of primal protective thing that guys just can't resist the shape of a pregnant woman, and other women told me I looked great, too. If you do choose to have a baby at a higher weight, that's fine. But I don't think your vanity will change that much with a few pounds off.

Anyway, big hugs and a huge congratulations on the little blessing in your future!